- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Examine the vehicle to determine if any additional safety or service work is needed
- Advise service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed and recommended on the repair order. Upon completion of work return repair order to Service Advisor.
- Road test customer vehicles
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean, undamaged, and without changes to the comfort, convenience systems or audio system settings. Notifies service advisor and/or service manager immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times
- Adhere to all attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping standards
Location: Kansas City, MOJob code: Service Technician